Better data import/export
Created by: axtux
- backup filename can't be changed ;
- it is said nowhere in the app that the file is stored to
- if the file
/sdcard/SilencePlaintextBackup.xmlalready exists, it is overwritten without any notice, which can cause data loss ;
- there is no way to backup SMSes regularly as SMS Backup And Restore can do (and this one can't be used here).
What I propose :
- set default backup filename to
/sdcard/SMSBackupRestore/sms-YYYY-MM-DD HH-mm-ss.xml, time in filename avoid multiple backup to overwrite each other (Also, this is the format used by SMS Backup and restore, for better interoperability) ;
- tell user where the file has been saved in the popup telling "successful export" ;
- allow user to schedule regular backup ;
- maybe let user change filename but still propose him above standard as default.