Messages that fail to be sent should automatically be re-sent
Created by: Thunderpig72
Hello. Something I've noticed with TextSecure and now with SMSSecure (Awesome fork by the way) is that for some reason failed messages are never ever sent again. Instead it just fails, forcing you to manually send it again. Lame!
I therefore suggest that messages should be automatically re-sent until they are actually sent properly. You know, like every other SMS app?
Here's how to reproduce the problem:
- Go to an area with crap reception, like an underground supermarket.
- Try to send someone a message. It will fail.
- SMSSecure will give you a message telling you that it failed.
Here's what should happen:
- You enter the shabby underground supermarket.
- You send a message to your lovely girlfriend/boyfriend/cat. It fails to be sent.
- SMSSecure automatically sends the message when the opportunity arrives. Preferably when you step outside of the shabby underground supermarket.
Thanks in advance.
Edit: Turns out it's not automatically failing while in airplane mode.