Too many notifications when opening silence, opening a conversation, and sometimes randomly
Hello! I'm a on a Fairphone 3. I encountered the bug with stable (0.15.16) and 0.16.11-unstable. I have reinstalled stable and the problem is still here sadly. Basically, some unread messages notifications appears to much. Swapped or not, they come again. If I did not read a message, I have the notification for it in three cases.
- Sometimes when opening silence
- Always, and this is the most frustrating, when opening any other conversation
- Randomly (each five or ten minutes), sometimes wrote as "encrypted message" (in french so maybe not exactly that)
Anyway, thank you for your work on this lovely precious app that is Silence. <3 (Also, it's my first bug report)
How to reproduce
For the part that seems not random and that occurs when opening any other conversation:
- Open silence.
- Send a SMS to yourself, and quit the conversation with yourself before receiving the SMS (also works if someone else send a message and you dont want to mark it a read now)
- Wait for the first normal notification
- Open any other conversation in Silence
Actual result: The previous normal notification pops again (maybe it is updated, IDK?) each time you open any other conversation Expected result: The notification should be shown only if new messages arrives. The notification should remains in the notification area of android. The notification should not reappears just because interacting with other conversations
- Device: Fairphone 3
- Android version: 9
- Silence version: stable (0.15.16) and 0.16.11-unstable